Enterprise resource planning (ERP) system will use multiple components of a computer’s hardware and software to achieve flawless integration. A key component of most ERP systems Is the use of a unified database to store data for various system modules broken down into business processes.
Some Steps for ERP involve:
• Detailed study by the vendor
• Scope & platform finalization
• Hardware addition/upgrading
• Old master/transaction data migration
• Parallel run with integration & connectivity check
Organizations rely heavily on the ERP packages as the majority of their application configuration are centrally dependent on it. They implement ERP packages to deliver on time and within budget and to centralize support groups within their it departments