Sales force automation also known as SFA is a process of using software to automate business tasks of sales, order processing, contact management, information sharing, inventory monitoring and management, order tracking, customer management, sales forecast analysis and employee performance evaluation
Some of the features examples include:
• Setting targets and objectives based on inputs (usually via a command center)
• Assigning factors responsible for achieving objectives
• Control processes for ensuring objectives are being achieved within
• Time management— Accurately measures the tasks and the fraction of time needed for each task.
• Call management— Plan for customer interaction accounts for the fraction of command center reps that comply with the process and have successful calls.
• Opportunity management— If the process is followed correctly then a sales opportunity exists. The fraction of command center reps that use the tools, comply with the objective are all measured.
• Account management— For multiple opportunities with a customer the account is measured by the tools, process, and objectives.
• Territory management— For monitoring the account, the territory is measured by the number of account reps and prospective versus active customers.
• Sales force management— Process includes training, IT systems, control, coaching, and is shared across several people and departments.